When you want reach and might for your sword, check out the Two Handed Great Sword. This ferocious sword will terrify your opponents when it is in your skilled hands. Made from high-carbon steel, this functional medieval sword takes its design from historical examples. Mercenaries and other soldiers used those historical swords against pikemen and swordsmen. This Landsknecht sword has a long, double-edged blade. At the base of the sharpened blade, there are crescent-shaped parrying hooks, facing towards the tip.
On the other side of the hooks, there is a leather-covered ricasso. This design is perfect for close range slashing and stabbing moves. At the base of the ricasso, there is a curved crossguard. The quillons of the guard curve towards the blade. In the center, there is a ring on the guard for even greater protection.
The hilt continues with a ridged, two-handed grip. Black leather covers the grip as well. The hilt ends with a heavy, scent stopper-shaped pommel. It counterbalances the long blade for greater agility.
This mighty medieval blade is perfect for a variety of medieval characters to wield on the battlefield. Take it to your next medieval reenactment and add it to your Landsknecht or mercenary character.
- A classic, large medieval two-handed sword
- Fully functional and battle ready
- Large guard has side rings and integral parrying hooks
- Two-handed grip is covered in leather
- Heavy steel pommel counter-balances blade
- Blade is made of 1060 high carbon steel
- Weight: 109.5 oz.
- Blade Thickness: 7/32 Inch
- Blade Length: 39 7/8 Inches
- Handle: 15 3/8 Inches
- Overall Length: 55.75 Inches