The Normans were considered fierce warriors and for good reason, as they were the descendants of Vikings from a previous era! This Norman Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a fully functional recreation of their favorite sword to wield in battle. Of course, swords of this type were not exclusive to the Normans, as many cultures preferred to wield a sword like this one. It is forever bound to the Normans, as it is featured in great detail on the Bayeux Tapestry, which depicts the events of the Norman Conquest. This swords blade is dual hardened and forged entirely from 5160 high carbon steel. The blade features a narrow fuller down its length, which helps balance the weapon and reduce its weight. The straight quillons of the mild steel guard serve as a sufficient defense against attacks, allowing the wielder to deflect and even trap other swords with some practice and skill. The sword also features a full-length tang, which runs through the wood and leather-wrapped hilt to connect to a wheel style pommel that serves as a counterbalance. A matching scabbard is included with this sword, crafted from wood and wrapped in brown leather, and this scabbard features an attached, interlaced belt for easy carrying. Bold and battle-ready, this Norman Sword with Scabbard and Belt is an efficient and effective sword for any warrior to wield, either as a blade to train with in the art of swordsmanship or as a weapon to wield in any event or performance.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Modeled after the swords of the High Middle Ages
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and sword belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Guard and pommel are made of mild steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 35 Inches
- Blade Length: 28 Inches
- Blade Width (At Base): 2 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 6 oz.