The Two Handed Norman Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a reimagined recreation of the traditional Norman sword. Often seen as only a one-handed weapon, this sword scales up the classic design in certain areas to create a truly deadly two-hander. This impressive sword is the iconic vision of a traditional two-handed medieval sword, featuring a broad, powerful blade, a straight guard, and a round pommel, all of which give this sword a classic cruciform design. The swords blade is forged entirely from dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel. The blade has a fuller down much of its length, that makes the sword lighter and easier to wield. Like early era swords, it also features limited profile tapering that ends in a broad point. The straight quillons of the guard provide a stable, classic defense, while the round wheel pommel is peened to the full-length tang, ensuring proper weight distribution and counterbalancing. The hilt has a wood grip wrapped in black leather that makes the sword more comfortable to handle. Included with the sword is a matching wooden scabbard, wrapped in black leather and attached to an interlaced sword belt, perfect for carrying and securing the sword safely when not in use. Strong and sturdy, this Two Handed Norman Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a warriors weapon with an impressive size that lets it reach out and deliver devastating blows with shocking ease, all with strength enough to withstand the highest degree of punishment that sparring, training, and cutting might offer.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A reimagined take on the classic Norman sword
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and sword belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 45.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 35.5 Inches
- Grip Length: 7.25 Inches
- Point of Balance: 6.5 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 2.02 mm
- Weight: 3 lbs. 2 oz.