Inspired by the Waylander series of fantasy novels, The Waylander Sword with Scabbard is an iconic medieval sword for any warrior to wield, whether they fight for money or power, good or ill, personal fulfillment or a noble cause. Superb balance helps this sword feel light and responsive in the hand, while its broad blade with a tapered point ensures it is suitable for both cutting and thrusting. The blade also features a 0.75 inch fuller, which helps reduce its weight. The weapon is forged entirely from dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel. The wide, gently curved guard broadens towards the edges of the quillons, creating an effective defense great for blocking or for striking. The wheel-style pommel counterbalances the blade very well and completes its classic look. The grip is crafted from wood and wrapped in leather, providing a secure hold for one-handed use. The swords tang is full-length and peened at the pommel. This sword comes with a matching wood and leather-wrapped scabbard that perfectly accents the sword while keeping it safe and secure when not in use. A sword belt is not included, so you are free to carry or wear this sword however you choose. Do you walk the path of he who named this sword, that of the dark and tortured assassin? Whether you do or do not matters little, for in the hands of a warrior, the Waylander Sword with Scabbard is a deadly weapon that will serve its wielder well in combat.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A classic arming sword with and inspired fantasy design
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Handle and scabbard are wood wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 35 Inches
- Blade Length: 28 Inches
- Grip Length: 4.625 Inches
- Point of Balance: 3.5 Inches from the Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 6 oz.