Bursting into vibrant color every spring, the sakura, or cherry blossom, soon fades and falls. The Spring Sakura Katana represents this beautiful Japanese illustration of the transience of life with a gorgeous cherry blossom motif. This Japanese katana has been traditionally constructed with exceptional attention to every detail. The blackened fuchi, kashira, and cherry blossom tsuba accent the forged and through-hardened blade. Crafted from 5160 high carbon steel, the functional katana features a 1.5 inch kissaki (point). The oriental sword is marquenched to an edge hardness of 57HRc with blade geometry conducive to rigorous cutting without chipping or deformation on soft or semi-hard targets. The crimson tsuka-ito (handle wrap) provides rich contrast as it wraps the ray skin-on-wood core handle. Notched seppa (spacers), a silver habaki (blade collar), and cherry blossom menuki (handle ornaments) offer the finishing touches of the vivid piece. The black lacquered saya (scabbard) includes a buffalo horn-rimmed koiguchi (scabbard mouth), wood kurikata (knob), and black sageo (cord).
- Forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Marquenched to 57HRc edge hardness
- Traditional construction with exceptional attention to detail
- Features crimson wrap with ray skin on the wood core handle
- Decorated with cherry blossom motif
- Comes with a black lacquered scabbard with buffalo horn rimmed mouth, wood knob, and black cord
- Great for swordsmen and collectors
- Overall Length: 39.75 Inches
- Blade Length: 27 Inches
- Handle Length: 11.25 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 9 oz.
Specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.