With superior reach and armour-shattering force, the Long Hafted Poll Axe represented the great equalizer that bridged the gap between the common foot soldier and the terrifying juggernaut known as the knight on horseback on the medieval battlefield. Essentially unstoppable in its day, this wicked weapon features attributes that, even today, make it a lethal threat to face. After all, the same attributes that made it deadly then allow it to remain deadly still, as it is capable of defeating modern-day armour with the same brutal efficiency with which it dispatched the knights of old. This formidable tool is expertly drop forged from 1055 carbon steel. The wickedly sharp axe blade and brutal hammer head are differentially heat treated, which leaves the business ends of the weapon hard, while the body stays a bit softer to help absorb impact. The haft is made from American ash wood, which adds considerable strength, while the head is fastened to the haft using black steel langettes for a secure and solid weapon that will not soon fail. Cold Steel has created a modern monster with devastating power the likes of which has not been seen on the battlefield since the Dark Ages. Thus, there is little on this planet that can withstand the might of the Long Hafted Poll Axe, or the person who wields it!
Please be aware that this product comes in two pieces and includes detailed assembly instructions.
- A recreation of the medieval pole axe
- Double-sided head has axe side and hammer side
- Head is fastened to a wooden shaft with langettes
- Surprisingly deft and exceedingly powerful
- A wicked medieval weapon for battle and practice
- Head is drop forged from 1055 carbon steel
- Shaft is made of American ash wood
- Overall Length: 73.125 Inches
- Hawk Length: 10.5 Inches
- Primary Edge Length: 6.75 Inches
- Haft Length: 72 Inches
- Weight: 6 lbs. 13 oz.