Designed by noted swordsman Luke LaFontaine and bearing his name, the high-quality LaFontaine Sword of War combines elements of a 16th century sword of war with a complex hilt longsword, resulting in a true masterpiece. The Renaissance sword was held in the hand, rested on a shoulder, or passed off to a manservant rather than carried on a belt or baldric. Designed for battlefield combat, this high carbon steel sword is almost as large as a Zweihander or great sword. With a long, double-edged blade, elaborate ring guards, counter guards, peaked quillons, a closed ricasso, and a heavy counter-balancing pommel, the LaFontaine sword is a fearsome weapon. Ideal for HEMA practitioners, this style of sword was a symbol of prestige. The blade has been deeply blued to an inky black sheen. The LaFontaine Sword of War is fully sharpened and supplied with a thick leather and steel scabbard.
- Inspired by 16th century sword design
- Features ring guards, counter guards, peaked quillons, and closed ricasso
- Has blued and sharpened blade
- Designed by Luke LaFontaine
- Comes with a leather scabbard
- Blade is made of 1055 carbon steel
- Overall Length: 52 Inches
- Blade Length: 37.5 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.25 Inch
- Handle Length: 14.5 Inches
- Weight: 78.5 oz.