High officers in the military were not the only ones who carried ceremonial swords. Even sub-officers sometimes carried them. This WW2 Army Officers Cavalry Sword, for instance, reflects a more subdued design for lower commanding officers. Based on German design, this cavalry sword utilizes the shape of the saber, a popular choice of military sword throughout the ages. The blade is hand crafted from carbon steel and makes this officers sword look like a true weapon, with its subtle curve and its fine point. The addition of a fuller, to help reduce its weight and improve its balance, is also a nice touch. The swords guard is effective yet relatively unadorned, possessing a shaped knuckle-guard and a leather grip, trimmed with inlaid yellow-brass wire wrapping. Included with the military saber is a cast-steel scabbard, complete with hanging ring at the throat, for easy carrying and safekeeping. Handsome yet effective looking, this WW2 Army Officers Cavalry Sword is a great sword to hang at hip if you plan on putting together a military look, as this sword lends a bit of authenticity and armed appeal to any military ensemble.
- A Recreation of a Military Dress Sword
- Features a Hand Crafted Carbon Steel Blade
- Blade Features an Unsharpened Edge
- Has an Unadorned Steel Knuckle-Guard with Brass-Wire Inlaid Grip
- Includes a Cast-Steel Scabbard with Hanging Ring
- A Fantastic Costume Sword, Carrying Weapon and Display Piece