Vikings are among the fiercest warriors of all time, famous for a variety of weapons, including the first all steel blade. This Ulfberht Sword With Scabbard is a recreation of one of the most important medieval swords of all time. Prior to the Ulfberht swords, all iron age European swords were of the pattern-welded variety. The Ulfberht sword was lightyears ahead technologically, just as this version represents. This sword is hand forged from EN-45 spring steel. The Type X blade tapers to a point and puts the balance closer to the hand. A steel crossguard and brazil nut pommel add authenticity, along with the etched ULFBERHT on the blade. The grip is made of wood and wrapped in leather for comfort and security. This sword comes with a scabbard for close keeping. No sword belt is attached, so you are free to wear this sword using your own favorite belt or baldric.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Inspired by historical Viking swords
- A fully functional Viking sword
- Steel is differential hardened at a Rockwell of 48-50
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Wood grip is wrapped in leather
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from EN-45 spring steel
- Handle is oak wrapped in leather
- Scabbard is made of wood wrapped in leather
- Overall Length: 36.0 Inches
- Blade Length: 30.0 Inches
- Blade Width (At Base): 2.0 Inches