The legendary Ulfberht swords were crafted during the Middle Ages using methods that were far ahead of their times, making these swords highly coveted throughout the Migration Era. The Ulfberht Elite Series Sword recreates these masterpieces. This functional, hand-forged Damascus sword is crafted from 1095, 5160, L-6, and O1 steel. Its form replicates the same Oakeshott type X design that was popular among the Vikings. As such, it features a deep fuller, a short crossguard, and a five-lobed pommel. It has a full-length tang construction, and it has been hardened and tempered, ensuring that it is battle-ready. Its tang has been peened at the pommel. The hilt of this sword is wrapped in leather, making gripping easy. The most notable feature, however, is the engraving along the swords fuller, spelling out +ULFBERHT+, the signature of the historical smiths who made the weapons. The Ulfberht Elite Series Sword comes with a wooden, leather-wrapped scabbard and a leather belt for safe storage carrying, and its blade offers a sharpened option, adding another level of authenticity to this famous blade.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A limited edition Elite Series weapon
- Fuller is inscribed with +ULFBERHT+
- A fully functional and an extremely hardy sword
- Blade is fully tempered and dual hardened
- Features a full-length tang construction
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and belt
- Blade is hand-forged from Damascus steel
- Handle and scabbard are wood wrapped in leather
- Crossguard and pommel are made from bronze
- Overall Length: 36.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 30.5 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 11 oz.
Measurements are approximate.