This Viking blade takes a few liberties with the typical historical design to create something truly appealing as both a weapon and an artistic work. This Two Handed Viking Sword with Scabbard and Belt delivers on both iconic Viking art and hardy design. Modeled after the legendary Viking swords of history, this potent blade enhances that design by transforming the typical Viking sword into a two-handed weapon to be feared! The sword is forged entirely from dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel. The sword has a broad, powerful blade set with a wide fuller that runs almost its full length, while still featuring a broad tip for delivering brutally effective thrusts. The small crossguard and pommel are adorned with Viking knot designs for a more traditional look, while the leather-wrapped wood grip provides a secure hold in any warriors hands. The sword also features a full-length tang hot peened into the pommel for added durability. Included with the sword is a leather-wrapped wood scabbard with an interlaced leather belt for keeping the scabbard and the sword at your side. Powerful and hardy just like the culture that birthed it, this Two Handed Viking Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a straightforward blade that will handle anything you throw at it, be it a friend in sparring practice or an armored dummy in cutting drills.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A two handed sword based on classic Viking designs
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and sword belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 41 Inches
- Blade Length: 29.5 Inches
- Grip Length: 10 Inches
- Point of Balance: 3 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 9 oz.