This weapon is proof that swords can be beautiful. The Two Handed Gothic Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a work of art, one that combines artistic Gothic detailing with battle-ready functionality to make a sword as visually appealing as it is deadly. Like many swords of the 15th century, this sword features a strongly tapered blade that, back in the day, was designed to enhance the swords performance against plate armor. In essence, this sword was made to take advantage of two-handed power, harnessed in not only powerful chops and slashes but also in devastating thrusts that could penetrate mail and plate with ease. Forged form dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel, the blade on this sword is hardy and strong. The mild steel guard is straight, giving the sword a cruciform design, while the rounded quillons lend an extra touch of artistic style to its overall design. The fishtail pommel is peened to the full-length tang for added strength, while the wood and leather-wrapped grip provides a secure two-handed hold when wielding the weapon. The sword comes with a wooden, leather-wrapped scabbard perfect for safely stowing the sword when it is not in use. Attached to the scabbard is an interlaced sword belt perfect for keeping the sword secured at your side whenever you wish to carry it around with you! This Two Handed Gothic Sword with Scabbard will make short work of mail and plate armor, and its hardy design ensures that you can train and do cutting drills all day long without destroying the appeal of this battle-ready blade.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Modeled after a 15th century two-handed sword of Gothic design
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and sword belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Guard and pommel are made of mild steel
- Total Length: 49 Inches
- Blade Length: 38 Inches
- Grip Length: 10.75 Inches
- Point of Balance: 5.5 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 4.5 oz.