Inspired by an original weapon housed in the Swiss National Museum, the Two Handed German Sword With Scabbard and Belt is a historically accurate, fully functional sword, forged from spring steel and tempered to a Rockwell of 48-50. The long, tapering blade features a polished finish, while the hilt and handle provide a touch of decoration to this historic blade. A large S-guard offers hand protection and a finger ring protects the forefinger when it is looped around the guard for extra leverage. This makes the sword capable of binding, trapping, and winding techniques that German sword masters were able to perfect. The leather-wrapped grip ends in a steel pommel that counterbalances the blade. This twisting spiral pommel is not only functional, but also looks great and provides a comfortable and secure grip even for gloved or gauntleted hands. Included with the sword is a matched scabbard, constructed from wood and wrapped in leather, as well as an attached interlaced leather sword belt for keeping the sword within easy reach when not in use.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Inspired by an original sword from the famed Wallace Collection
- A fully functional German sword
- Steel is tempered to a Rockwell of 48-50
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Wood grip wrapped in leather
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from EN-45 spring steel
- Handle is oak wrapped in leather
- Overall Length: 49.0 Inches
- Blade Length: 33.0 Inches
- Blade Width (At Base): 2.0 Inches