The cruciform swords of the Crusades likely took their inspiration from Traditional Norman Swords, which feature straight guards and cross shapes, showing that a sword does not need to be overly complex to be anything less than a brutal, effective weapon. In fact, the cross-shape of the sword was of benefit to smiths, if only because it meant that making more swords was an easy task, ensuring that any soldier could have a good, solid sword as a part of their arsenal. This recreation is hand crafted from EN45 carbon spring steel, with a straight-edged blade that tapers to a broad but effective point. A long fuller trails the center of the blade, helping to keep the sword properly weighted and balanced, while the straight quillons on the cast-steel guard offer good defense to the wielders hands when the sword is carried and used. The grip is wrapped entirely in leather for a secure hold, while the hilt is capped with a wheel pommel to finish off the swords classic design. It includes a leather wrapped wood scabbard, for safe keeping and carrying. If you are going for a Norman style with your medieval look, than this sword will fit into that style perfectly, or instead, if you are just in the market for an inexpensive but effective medieval sword or display piece (or both), then this Traditional Norman Sword is sure to be right up your alley, too.
This sword comes in two types. The regular version is tempered and hardened and features traditional shaping, making it a great choice for display or carrying to complete your look. The Light Combat version is tempered and hardened with thick edges and a rounded tip, making it suitable for light use in sparring and reenactment.
- Modeled After a Normans Classic Battle Sword
- Features a Hand Crafted EN45 Carbon Spring Steel Blade
- Offered in a Regular Non-Combative Version and a Light Combat Model
- Has A Guard With Straight Quillons and a Round Wheel Pommel
- Includes a Wooden, Leather Wrapped Scabbard
- A Fantastic Costume Sword, Training Weapon, or Display Piece
- Blade Length: 30.75 Inches
- Blade Width (Widest Point): 2 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 4-4.2 mm
- Point of Balance: 7.25 Inches
- Grip Length: 4.5 Inches
- Overall Length: 37.375 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 13.2 oz.