A bit of history and a bit of stylized flare are what make up The Viscount Sword with Scabbard. The combination is an appealing one, as the sword looks to be quite worthy of nobility, and has strength enough to serve any warrior. Best classified as a Type XX, according to Oakeshott typology, this sword features a narrow fuller down its length to reduce its weight, while also featuring a sharply tapered blade that is broad enough for cutting and pointy enough for effective thrusting. This blade is forged entirely from dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel. The hilt, made of mild steel, is a bit more stylized in its design and features sharp, pointed up-turns at the tips of the quillons. The full length tang of the sword is peened to the octagonal and slightly tapered pommel. Long enough to accommodate two hands, the grip is crafted from wood and wrapped in leather for a comfortable hold. A matching wooden scabbard, also wrapped in leather, comes with this sword and is perfect for keeping it safe and secure when not in use. No sword belt is included, so you are free to carry this sword using your own favorite belt or baldric. Named after nobility, The Viscount Sword with Scabbard more than earns its title through its distinctive, stylish look as well as its hardy make that ensures greatness whether you are swinging it in the practice field, cutting dummies in drills, or showing it off on your mantel.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A stylized sword based on historical designs
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is Dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Handle and scabbard are wood wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 42.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 32 Inches
- Grip Length: 9.5 Inches
- Point of Balance: 4.25 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2.5 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.2 Inches at hilt, 0.13 Inches at tip
- Weight: 3 lbs. 4 oz.