This beautiful blade is based on a sword of historic design that was known as the Sword of Santa Casilda. The original is preserved in Madrid, Spain, while this recreation maintains the appearance and the fine details of the original sword perfectly. Described by Ewart Oakeshott as being a supreme example of a medieval knightly sword, this weapon is as well-proportioned as it is beautifully detailed. The broad blade is crafted from 1085 high carbon steel with a broad, shallow fuller down three-fourths of the blade, as well as a full length tang that is peened over the pommel. The hilt is wrapped in red leather and crisscrossed bands of pinned black leather with a guard and a pommel of ornately detailed brass. Included with the sword is a heavy grade scabbard wrapped in brown leather and fitted with a long belt for easy wearing and carrying. The resemblance between this sword and the original Sword of Santa Casilda is uncanny, and that makes this an excellent way to own a true piece of history from the medieval ages.
The sword features script in three different places. The guard features Latin script that reads as DIOS ES VINCENTOR EN TOD on one side and O DIOS ES VINCENTOR EN TODO A on the other, forming a repeated phrase that translates to God is the Conqueror of All. The pommel features Spanish script that reads as AVE MARIA PENA GRATIA, meaning Hail Mary Full of Grace.
- Sword comes unsharpened
- Blade has a shallow, wide fuller down its length
- Hilt features ornate Spanish and Latin script
- Includes a scabbard with attached belt
- An absolutely stunning display piece or sword to carry at your side
- Blade is made of 1085 high carbon steel
- Hilt is wrapped in leather
- Pommel and guard are brass
- Scabbard and sword belt are made of leather
- Blade Length: 30 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.875 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.18 Inch
- Overall Length: 36.5 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs.