The movie 300 made swords of this design famous. Echoing the look of the heavy curved cutting swords of the ancient world, this Spartan Falcata is depicted as cleaving with the power of an axe, yet possessing the speed and quickness of a short sword. This handsome recreation echoes the look of the blade seen in the film, possessing a wide, curved blade at the tip, while a long ricasso acts as the neck of the blade, extending its reach and lowering its weight, thanks to a narrow shape. In many ways, a weapon like this performs like a scimitar, but with much more pronounced and lethal results. The unique hilt features a curved guard and pommel that wrap around the grip to protect the hand, while the grip itself is wrapped in brown leather to provide a secure and comfortable hold. Included with the sword is a brown leather scabbard, complete with leather strap for securing the blade at your side. Historically, a weapon like this may not have been common, but the few who did chose to use the Spartan Falcata would have been frightful opponents, capable of delivering brutal strikes with lightning quickness - just as their big-screen counterparts did, in the film.
- Based Loosely on the Swords of the Film, 300
- Similar in Shape and Style to a Falcata
- The Blade is Made from Fine Steel
- Possesses a Defensive Hilt Wrapped in Leather
- Includes a Leather Sheath with Wearing Strap
- A Fine Collectible, Display Piece, and Costume Sword
- Overall Length: 27.5 Inches