The gladius was the favored weapon of the Roman legion, and in trained hands, this short blade became one of the most effective in history. The Pompeii Gladius Sword is modeled and named after the Pompeii gladius, which featured parallel edges. This gladius is more ornate then is typical of a common soldiers weapon, featuring a carved wood and polished bone handle that is reminiscent of polished faux ivory. The flat, spherical pommel and oval guard feature hand-carved designs, while the guard possesses an inset brass plate. The blade features parallel cutting edges, as well as a triangular tip suited for efficient thrusting. The blade is heat-treated, and it also features a rectangular tang throughout. Included with this gladius is an ornate, black leather wrapped scabbard that features a polished brass-metal decorations along the throat and the chape, as well as two pair of carrying rings on either side of the gladius, which allows the gladius to be carried in true Roman fashion (with the blade straight up and down). Beautifully ornate, it is not hard to imagine this Pompeii Gladius Sword falling into the hand of a great general or even an emperor, which makes this blade the ideal costume piece for any regal or rich Roman looks, as well as a choice collectors piece for anyone with Roman interests and a collection of impressive historical arms.
- An Ornate, Yet Classically Styled Pompeii Gladius
- Features a Straight-Edged Blade with a Triangular Tip
- Handle is Made from Hand Carved Wood and Polished Bone
- Includes a Handsome and Ornate Sheath with brass adornments
- Looks Great with Authentic Roman Ensembles and Armors
- A Fantastic Decorative Piece or Display Item
- Overall Length: 28 Inches