A good dagger is a must for any warrior to own, especially since they are so handy to have when you head into battle. Besides, you never know when a little blade like this Norman Dagger might save your life, so it is good to always have one ready. This particular dagger is patterned after our Norman Sword (DS-1307), so much so that it looks like it could be a miniature of it. The dagger features a strong, dual hardened blade forged from 5160 high carbon steel that features a partial length fuller, an aspect not commonly seen on daggers. The mild steel guard is straight in design and effective in make, as well as hardy enough to provide solid defense if needed. The grip is made from wood and wrapped in black leather for a secure grip, while the wheel pommel helps make this dagger look more like its larger cousin. Extra strength is offered in the form of a full-length tang, which is peened to the pommel. This functional dagger comes with a wood scabbard crafted in wood and wrapped in matching leather, ideal for keeping the blade secure when not in use. Paired with its larger cousin, this Norman Dagger makes for a deadly off-handed weapon, and even used alone, its hardy make ensures that this is one dagger that should not be underestimated.
Please be aware that this dagger is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this dagger is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Dagger inspired by the look of classic medieval swords
- A fully functional and extremely hardy dagger
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 17.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 12 Inches
- Grip Length: 3.375 Inches
- Point of Balance: Flush with the Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 1.5 Inches
- Weight: 1 lbs. 2 oz.