Historically varied, the saber occurs across many cultures as a military sword of choice. This Napoleonic Briquet Short Sword, for instance, echoes the style of the saber as used by Napoleon Bonaparte and his forces, during the Napoleonic Wars. Classic in its design, this saber echoes the look of the traditional military sword, possessing a thick blade of hand crafted steel with a gentle curve to its cutting edge, and a fine point at its tip. The overall design is one of increased cutting ability, designed to be used both on foot and on horseback (although this swords smaller size makes it more traditionally a foot soldiers weapon). The sword possesses a D-shaped guard and hilt, with subtle indentions in the grip to allow for a more comfortable and effective hold. Included with the sword is a wood scabbard, bound in leather and adorned with a pair of brass accents, one on the throat and the other on the chape. For an authentic military look right out of the Napoleonic Wars, you need not only the uniform, but also the right weapons, and this Napoleonic Briquet Short Sword is one such right weapon to have hanging at your side or on your mantel.
- A Recreation of the Napoleonic Infantry Saber
- Features a Hand Crafted Steel Blade
- Blade Possesses an Unsharpened Edge
- Has a Cast-Brass Hilt With D-Guard
- Includes a Wooden, Leather Wrapped Scabbard
- A Fantastic Costume Sword, Carrying Weapon and Display Piece
- Overall Length: 29.5 Inches