With its striking appearance, the Maldon Viking Seax serves as a fantastic historical dagger replica. A design popular among Germanic and Anglo-Saxon peoples, the Norse seax makes a great weapon for collecting or putting to work. The functional dagger is made from tough 1065 high carbon steel. Computer controlled ovens provide strength, resiliency, and edge retention, tempering the full tang blade to an RC in the low 50s. The functional seax is then expertly sharpened, and the design is finished with super strong steel parts. A stonewashed black finish gives each period dagger a dramatic look. This Viking dagger comes with a sheath.
The pieces in the Battlecry Series are individually inspected at each step of the manufacturing process. Each model is put through rigorous tests to ensure that they exceed industry standards and comes with a signed certificate.
Chronicled in an Old English poem, the Battle of Maldon involved a Viking incursion in Essex, England that ended with the defeat of Earl Byrhtnoth and his thegns.
- Windlass Battlecry Series
- Hand-forged from 1065 high carbon steel
- Tempered to RC in the low 50s
- Sharpened blade has full tang
- Features stonewashed, blackened finish
- Comes with matching sheath
- Overall Length: 21.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 15.5 Inches
- Blade Width: About 0.94 Inch
- Weight: 1.75 lbs.