The wakizashi, or Japanese short sword, was worn with the longer katana. When the pair matched in theme, they were considered a Daisho. However, when the katana was surrendered upon entering a home, the wakizashi was not, making it truly the side-arm of the Samurai!
This Limited Edition Ocean Wakizashi features an ocean theme with a nami, or wave, tsuba and turbulent water fuchi and kashira as decoration. The blade is hand forged and differentially hardened 1075 high carbon steel. Each blade is hand-polished using traditional stones and powders to produce an authentic look. This Japanese sword features a full length bo-hi, or fuller, to lighten and balance the blade. The hi continues through the habaki and into the nakago, with the copper habaki forged to follow the hi. The tsuka is carved to each individual sword, ensuring a tight friction fit with a full same-gawa wrap. The ito, or handle wrapping, is natural white silk imported from Japan, dyed with tea to give it a slight tan color that will darken a bit with use. The saya is lacquered in a deep midnight blue with a same-gawa or stingray skin wrap. Each saya is carved for the individual sword, ensuring a proper snug fit.
Extremely limited numbers will be produced - 20 only! Each blade is signed on the tang with the model and number and includes a stamped certificate of authenticity.
- Hand-forged from 1075 high carbon steel
- Limited Edition - only 20 produced!
- Features ocean themed decorations
- Hand-carved pure iron fittings
- Handle wrap is natural white silk with tea dye
- Fuller lightens and balances blade
- Samegawa is genuine lacquered ray skin
- Pairs well with the Ocean Citadel Katana (SC4001)
- A great, functional sword
- Overall Length: 29.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 21.25 Inches
- Weight: 1 lb. 7 oz.
- Specs may vary from piece to piece.