Inspired by French and German medieval sword designs, the Late Medieval Marquis Sword is a 15th century bastard sword, reflecting the style of the late medieval period. The guard is decorated with a floral French motif topped with a Writhen pommel cast directly from an authentic 15th century Katzbalger. Hand-forged, the historical sword replica is made from EN-45 spring steel and tempered to a Rockwell of 50. The guard and pommel are each made of copper, and the grip is oak wrapped in black leather and matching copper wire. This functional sword can be used for actual combat, as well as cutting targets when ordered sharp. This medieval blade comes with a scabbard.
By the 15th century, deeply hollow ground diamond-shaped blades gained popularity on the battle field. With the development of full plated armors, the pronounced tip proved effective even against the most intricate defense. The heavily tapered blade gave the swords of the late medieval period devastating stabbing capabilities, while retaining their destructive cutting edge.
Please be aware that this sword does not include a sword belt.
- Based on French and German medieval sword designs
- Tempered to Rockwell of 50
- Guard and pommel feature eye-catching embellishment
- Comes with a wood scabbard
- Great for swordsmen and collectors
- Forged from EN-45 high carbon spring steel
- Guard and pommel are made of copper
- Oak handle is wrapped in leather and copper wire
- Wood scabbard is wrapped in leather
- Overall Length: 47 Inches
- Blade Length: 38.5 Inches
- Blade Width at Base: 2 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 10 oz.