The LARP Dane Axe is a classic reproduction of a historic Danish axe, recreated in battle-safe materials. What separates a Dane axe from other axes is that the Dane axe features a small, narrow bit and head mounted on a long shaft, making it superbly designed for powerful, cutting blows. This Dane axe is made from durable foam that does not shred and is sealed with a strong coating of latex. As safety is always an issue in LARP, this weapon is also made utilizing a fiberglass core capped with a strong, Kevlar tip for added protection.
The pole has a wooden look to it, and, like any wood handle, its color may vary from light to dark brown. As this weapon is handmade, its measurements can also vary slightly from what is shown below.
Latex weapons do need to be maintained to a certain degree. We offer a Maintenance Silicone in our LARP Accessories section. We recommend you use the silicone on a regular basis. It has an easy, spray on application. The silicone will keep the coating flexible and increases the lifetime of the weapon. It also prevents the coating from drying out and improves resistance to wear and tear.
- A quality weapon for an affordable price
- High safety rating, approved by the top organizations
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Features a round, flexible fiberglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Crafted from polyurethane foam
- Finished with a latex coating
- Core is made of fiberglass
- Care Instructions- Use of our Maintenance Silicone ensures a long weapon life and durability
- Overall Length: 59 Inches
- Axe Head Length: 8.7 Inches
- Axe Head Height: 7.9 Inches
As this weapon is handmade, its measurements can also vary slightly.