No matter the size of their blade, axes are virtually always effective. Smaller blades excel at concentrating force and going through armor, while larger blades, like the one on this Large Viking Axe, are designed purely for cutting and cleaving. As its name implies, this axe features a rather large bit, possessing a crescent shaped edge that would excel at delivering both glancing gashes and deep gouges. The axe head is mounted on straight hardwood shaft for easy wielding. With an overall measurement of 24 inches, this axe is designed for one-handed use, although it is also just long enough to accommodate two hands, should extra leverage be necessary. The axes bit-length is a deceptive 4.5 inches, which helps to concentrate the force of the swing onto the cutting edge, allowing the axes blade to bite deep with startling ease. This Large Viking Axe is a bit short to be considered an executioners axe or a headsmans axe, although in a pinch, it certainly looks like it is capable of taking a head clean off a warriors shoulders.
- Axe Head is Crafted from Carbon Steel
- Mounted on a Hardwood Haft
- Similar in Shape to an Executioners Axe
- Features a Broad, Crescent Shaped Axe Head
- An Excellent Costume Piece, Training Weapon, or Display Item
- Overall Length: 24 Inches
- Bit (Edge) Length: 4.5 Inches