Appearing in various forms from the 11th to 16th centuries, the falchion remains notable for its single-edged blade, crossguard, and curved blade tip. The Hattin Falchion features a disc pommel with octagonal facets. The functional sword is made from tough 1065 high carbon steel. Computer controlled ovens provide strength, resiliency, and edge retention, tempering the full tang blade to an RC in the low 50s. The functional falchion is then expertly sharpened, and the design is finished with super strong steel parts. A stonewashed black finish gives each historical sword a unique look. This medieval sword comes with a scabbard.
The pieces in the Battlecry Series are individually inspected at each step of the manufacturing process. Each model is put through rigorous tests to ensure that they exceed industry standards and comes with a signed certificate.
Ultimately provoking the Third Crusade, the Battle of Hattin served as a major Christian defeat. Saladin and his armies captured or killed a majority of Crusader forces, making the Muslims the dominant power in the Holy Lands.
- Windlass Battlecry Series
- Hand-forged from 1065 high carbon steel
- Tempered to RC in the low 50s
- Sharpened blade has full tang
- Features stonewashed, blackened finish
- Comes with matching scabbard
- Overall Length: 30.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 24 Inches
- Blade Width (Narrowest Point): 1.625 Inches
- Blade Width (Widest Point): 2.25 Inches
- Weight: 2.5 lbs.