Not all swords were made for battle. Some were made exclusively for killing, and this German Executioner Sword is an example of one such blade. Its distinctive design is made to be heavy, allowing for powerful, cleaving blows that made executions quick. Inspired by and modeled after a similar sword that is located in a Medieval Crime Museum in Germany, this blade is quite impressive to see thanks to its unique and fine detailing. The blade is heavy and hardy, dual hardened and forged entirely out of 5160 high carbon steel. Acid-etched designs adorn the blade, including a message in German which reads (translated) as I Spare No One. A short fuller adorns the blade, reducing its weight and stopping just before the center of percussion. The hilt features straight crossbar quillons, a solid grip, and an octagonal scent stopper pommel. The sword has a full-length tang peened to the pommel, and its wood grip wrapped in leather makes it more comfortable to handle and hold. Being an executioners sword, this blade has a rounded tip, as it was not made for thrusting but for chopping. This medieval sword comes with a matching wooden scabbard wrapped in brown leather, perfect for storing it safely away when not in use. Unlike the original, which would not have been combat worthy, this German Executioner Sword is fully capable of handling combat, while its unique and distinctive design makes it an impressive sword that will catch the interest of any collector or enthusiast who sees it.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Based on an actual executioner's sword located in a German museum
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand Forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Hilt and wood scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 44.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 35 Inches
- Grip Length: 7 Inches
- Point of Balance: 9 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2.25 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 9 oz.