This weapon recreates what is one of the most quintessential styles of Norse weapon during the Viking age. This Five Lobe Viking Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a solid and sturdy type of sword that most Viking warriors would have preferred. This Viking age weapon is no muss and no fuss, featuring a powerfully built, broad blade that was designed for hacking, cleaving, and chopping. The wide fuller helps reduce its weight a bit, while the broad point makes thrusting an option as well. The sword blade is dual hardened and forged in 5160 high carbon steel, ensuring its rugged and hardy strength. The small guard is traditional among early Migration era swords, and particularly indicative of Viking blades, while the five-lobed pommel represents classic Viking design for a traditional Norse weapon. The grip is constructed from two pieces of wood wrapped around the swords full length tang and then further wrapped in leather. The tang is riveted and peened to the pommel for added strength and durability. This Norse sword comes with a wood scabbard wrapped in matching leather and with an attached, interlaced leather sword belt for easy carrying. An example of Viking weaponry at its finest, this Five Lobe Viking Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a battle-ready sword that delivers hardy power and durability enough to take punishment and dish out damage just like a Viking sword should.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A traditional and iconic Viking style sword
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and sword belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Grip and wooden sheath are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 36 Inches
- Blade Length: 30 Inches
- Grip Length: 4.625 Inches
- Point of Balance: 6.5 Inches from the Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 3 oz.