When it came to swords, Vikings had a surprisingly diverse taste. Far from just wanting a slab of sharpened steel, they tended to favor ornate blades. This Five Lobe Viking Sword, for instance, is a combination of subtle detail and effective form. That makes it the sort of sword that any Viking warrior would have favored, especially if that meant that they could adorn it with personal runes, accomplishments, and more, as time went on! This sword is hand crafted from EN45 carbon spring steel, featuring a broad, straight-edged blade with a wide fuller down its center. The fuller stops about one-fifth the blade-length away from the rounded tip, helping to give the sword balance and better weight, without detracting from its durability and rigid strength. The cast-steel guard is gently concaved and turned towards the blade, while its small size is a classic feature of Migration era swords. The grip is wrapped in leather and offers a secure hold, while the ornate, five-lobed pommel acts as a distinctive and unique feature that sets this sword apart from the run-of-the-mill blades. It comes complete with a leather wrapped, wooden scabbard, and it is offered in two different models. For the Viking warrior who is just starting out, this Five Lobe Viking Sword is a perfect beginner blade, and even experts and experienced Viking raiders will find that this sword might be just the weapon to suit their no-nonsense style!
- Modeled After a Historical Migration Era Sword
- Features a Hand Crafted EN45 Carbon Spring Steel Blade
- Offered in a Regular Non-Combative Version and a Light Combat Model
- Has A Small, Concave Guard with a Five-Lobed Pommel
- Includes a Wooden, Leather Wrapped Scabbard
- A Fantastic Costume Sword, Training Weapon, or Display Piece
- Overall Length: 37.5 Inches