This Cruciform Knights Sword is patterned the Marshall Sword, which is a part of the William Wallace Collection, and is also named after one of the finest (if not the best) knight found in the pages of English History, Sir William Marshall. The original, a museum piece, is no doubt named after Marshall not because of a personal connection, but instead, because it is quite literally the quintessential sword for a knight to wield, and the look is reflected in this recreation! The is hand crafted to feature an EN45 carbon spring steel blade with straight edges, which slant slightly from the blades waist, drawing it down to a narrow, rounded point at the tip. The sword also features a fuller down the blade length, to help reduce weight without altering the swords balance or strength. The cast steel guard has straight, short quillons, for decent defense, while the grip itself is wrapped up in leather to offer a secure and solid hold. The hilt is finished off with a classic wheel pommel (just like the original) which draws it closer to the classic arming sword of the typical knight in shining armor. Included with the sword is a matched wood scabbard, wrapped in fine leather. While it will not transform you into Sir William Marshall, this Cruciform Knights Sword will certainly put a knightly weapon into your hands, allowing you to pursue the path of valor, chivalry, and medieval might, just as many knights did in the olden days.
This sword comes in two types. The regular version is tempered and hardened and features traditional shaping, making it a great choice for display or carrying to complete your look. The Light Combat version is tempered and hardened with thick edges and a rounded tip, making it suitable for light use in sparring and reenactment.
- Modeled After the Marshall Sword, in the William Wallace Collection
- Features a Hand Crafted EN45 Carbon Spring Steel Blade
- Offered in a Regular Non-Combative Version and a Light Combat Model
- Has A Guard with Straight Quillons and a Rounded Wheel Pommel
- Includes a Wooden, Leather Wrapped Scabbard
- A Fantastic Costume Sword, Training Weapon, or Display Piece
- Blade Length: 29.5 Inches
- Blade Width (Widest Point): 1.8 Inches
- Overall Length: 36 Inches