Celtic artwork can be quite distinctive at times, and you need only look to this Celtic Anthropomorphic Sword with Scabbard to prove that point. This unique blade has an artistic hilt and a deadly blade, making it quite the sharp accent to see. The unique hilt gives this sword its name. The solid brass handle is anthropomorphic, which means it has human features despite not being fully human in nature. The pommel represents the humans head, shoulders, and arms, while the grip is the humans body. The guard is the humans legs. The swords blade echoes the look and feel of short, double-edged battle blades of the early Roman era, and it features a diamond cross-section that makes the blade stiff and strong, good for both slashing and thrusting. The sword blade is dual hardened and forged in 5160 high carbon steel. Included with the sword is a matching leather-wrapped wood scabbard, great for keeping the blade safe and secure when not in use. The belt is not included, so you are free to attach the scabbard and sword to your own sword belt or baldric. Great balance and small size make this Celtic Anthropomorphic Sword with Scabbard a swift little implement to wield in battle, one capable of quick attacks from far closer than other swords might allow, while its unique overall design makes it quite the historical piece to showcase on your mantel or in a collection.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Based on a 15th century sword in the Royal Ontario Museum
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel blade is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length tang provides immense durability
- Includes matching scabbard for safe storage
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Hilt is made of solid cast bronze
- Scabbard is made of leather-wrapped wood
- Total Length: 21 Inches
- Blade Length: 15.5 Inches
- Grip Length: 3.75 Inches
- Point of Balance: Flush at the guard
- Blade Width (at base): 1.7 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 1 oz.