Based on the legends of Carpathians and vampires, this Carpathian Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a work of fantasy made into a battle-ready blade that any immortal swordsman or warrior of the night would be thrilled to carry. This sword is doubly impressive not just for its great fantasy design, which evokes the dark, gothic feeling of the vampire, but also for its fine craftsmanship. The blade is dual hardened and forged from 5160 high carbon steel. It also features a fuller down its length to lighten its weight. The sword is exceptionally well-balanced, and it responds swiftly and easily when used. The guard is narrow, uniquely designed to mimic the curve of vampire fangs. The nut-shaped pommel serves to counterbalance the blade. A full-length tang runs through the grip and is peened at the pommel, and wood scales and leather wrapping are secured around the tang, forming a grip that lets the wielder swing the sword in relative comfort. The sword comes complete with a matching scabbard, crafted from wood and wrapped in leather, great for keeping the sword safe and secure when not in use. An interlaced sword belt is attached to the scabbard, making it easy to carry. It might be named after blood drinkers, but this sword is no blood-reaver. Instead, this Carpathian Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a fine example of fantasy design at its best, translated into a bold and battle-ready sword that can and will stand up to all the rigors of training and combat.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A fusion of historic design and unique vampire fantasy style
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel blade is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and sword belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Grip and wood scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 43 Inches
- Blade Length: 32 Inches
- Grip Length: 8 Inches
- Point of Balance: 1 Inch from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 1.8 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 8 oz.